A Chat Server based on sockjs, websocket and tornado
A sockJS based Chat-Server/Chat-System primary using the SockJS protocol.
|Author:||Anirban Roy Das|
|Copyright(C):||2016, Anirban Roy Das <email@example.com>|
Check sockjsChat/LICENSE file for full Copyright notice.
sockjsChat is a very basic Chat Server which can be set up locally to chat in your LAN. It supports both Public Chat among all participants connected simultaneously at a particulartime and also Private Chat between those individual participants.
You can read more about sockjs here
|Tornado:||async python web server|
|sockjs-tornado:||sockjs websocket server implementation for Tornado|
- python 2.7+
pip install sockjsChat
If the above dependencies do not get installed by the above command, then use the below steps to install them one by one.
Step 1 - Install pip
Follow the below methods for installing pip. One of them may help you to install pip in your system.
- Method 1 - https://pip.pypa.io/en/stable/installing/
- Method 2 - http://ask.xmodulo.com/install-pip-linux.html
- Method 3 - If you installed python on MAC OS X via brew install python, then pip is already installed along with python.
Step 2 - Install tornadopip install tornado
Step 3 - Install sockjs-tornadopip install sockjs-tornado
After having installed sockjsChat, just run the following command to use it :
$ sockjsChat [options]
–port: Port number where the chat server will start
$ sockjsChat --port=8765
Click Ctrl+C to stop the server.
- Add Private Chat functionality.
- Manage Presence Management, sent, delivered acknowledgements.
- Message Persistence and delivery of messages to offline clients.
- Add Blog post regarding this topic.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|File Name & Checksum SHA256 Checksum Help||Version||File Type||Upload Date|
|sockjsChat-1.1.0-py2-none-any.whl (28.5 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||py2||Wheel||May 8, 2016|
|sockjsChat-1.1.0.tar.gz (26.3 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||–||Source||May 8, 2016|