Plone Souper Integration: Container for many lightweight queryable Records
souper.plone helps developers who need to store many small data records, where heavy-weight Archetypes or Dexterity content types are too much effort and are too slow. E.g. if you need a queryable container for non-CMSish content, like votes, data from a poll, orders in a webshop, measuring data, or the like.
A Soup-container can be moved to an own ZODB mount-point and may be shared across multiple independent Plone instances!
A control-panel provides actions to rebuild, reindex and move Soups around.
souper.plone adds some convenience for Plone Add-On developers. It provides a storage locator working like so:
A souper.soup is looked up by id and needs a context. This context is some aquisition-aware object in the Plone site. From the context, souper tries to acquire an object implementing ISoupRoot (the soup root). By default, this will be the site root. At the soup root, the id maps to a path where the soup is actually stored as an annotation. This all happens fully transparently. So to get the soup, one simply needs to do:
>>> from souper.soup import get_soup >>> soup = get_soup('my_soup_id', context) >>> soup <souper.soup.Soup at 0x...>
If no soup was found for the given id, a new one is created as an annotation on the ISoupRoot.
It is important provide a CatalogFactory. Consult the souper.plone documentation to learn how. Over there it’s also documented how to add records, query and maintain them.
For convenience souper.plone installs a control-panel where one can reindex and rebuild distinct soups.
The sources are in a GIT DVCS with its main branches at github.
We’d be happy to see many forks and pull-requests to make souper even better.
Maintainers are Robert Niederreiter, Jens Klein and the BlueDynamics Alliance developer team. We appreciate any contribution and if a release is needed to be done on pypi, please just contact one of us dev@bluedynamics dot com
- Robert Niederreiter
- Jens W. Klein
- Sven Plage
- Jean Jordaan
- Peter Mathis
- Harald Friessnegger
- Gil Forcada Codinachs
- Add entry point. [gforcada]
- Depend on Products.CMFPlone rather than Plone [gforcada]
- Add ZCML i18n domain. [rnixx]
- Add clear soup functionality to the controlpanel. [fRiSi]
- Plone conform status message markup [petschki]
- Fix id in status message [petschki]
- Fix tests [rnix]
- Make get_soup consistent [jean]
- Revise documentation [jean]
- Added missing MANIFEST.in [jensens]
- Make it work [rnix, jensens, et al]
Copyright (c) 2008-2014, BlueDynamics Alliance, Austria, Germany, Switzerland All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of the BlueDynamics Alliance nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY BlueDynamics Alliance AS IS AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL BlueDynamics Alliance BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.