Python interface for SPAMS
SPAMS 2.6.2 and python
Python interface for SPArse Modeling Software (SPAMS).
SPAMS is an optimization toolbox for solving various sparse estimation problems.
- Dictionary learning and matrix factorization:
- sparse PCA
- Solving sparse decomposition problems:
- coordinate descent
- proximal methods
- Solving structured sparse decomposition problems:
- sparse group lasso
- tree-structured regularization
- structured sparsity with overlapping groups.
- http://spams-devel.gforge.inria.fr/ (project webpage)
- https://gitlab.inria.fr/thoth/spams-devel (general development)
- https://gitlab.inria.fr/thoth/python-spams (python package)
- Julien Mairal (Inria) with the collaboration of Francis Bach (Inria),
- Jean Ponce (Ecole Normale Supérieure),
- Guillermo Sapiro (University of Minnesota),
- Guillaume Obozinski (Inria),
- Rodolphe Jenatton (Inria).
- R and Python interfaces by Jean-Paul Chieze (Inria).
- Archetypal analysis implementation by Yuansi Chen (internship at Inria) with the collaboration of Zaid Harchaoui.
- Porting to Python 3 (version 2.6 and 2.6.1) by Ghislain Durif (Inria).
- Library reorganization and installation pipeline improvement (version 2.6.2) by François Rheault and Samuel Saint-Jean (https://github.com/frheault/python-spams).
- Maintenance is done by Ghislain Durif (Inria).
Licence: GPL v3
Manipulated objects are imported from numpy and scipy. Matrices should be stored by columns, and sparse matrices should be "column compressed".
Installation from PyPI:
The standard installation uses the BLAS and LAPACK libraries used by Numpy:
pip install spams
Installation from sources
Make sure you have install libblas & liblapack (see below)
pip install -e .
Testing the interface
python tests/test_spams.py -h # to get help python tests/test_spams.py # will run all the tests
Carefully install libblas & liblapack. For example, on Ubuntu, it is necessary to do
sudo apt-get -y install libblas-dev liblapack-dev gfortran. For MacOS, you most likely need to do
brew install gcc openblas lapack.
For better performance, we recommend to use the MKL Intel library that is available for instance in the Anaconda Python distribution.
SPAMS for Python was tested on Linux and MacOS. It is not available for Windows at the moment. For MacOS users, the install setup detects if OpenMP is available on your system and enable/disable OpenMP support accordingly. For better performance, we recommend to install an OpenMP-compatible compiler on your system (e.g. gcc or llvm).
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size spams-188.8.131.52.tar.gz (1.6 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|