spead2 is an implementation of the SPEAD protocol, with both Python and C++
bindings. The 2 in the name indicates that this is a new implementation of
the protocol; the protocol remains essentially the same. Compared to the
PySPEAD implementation, spead2:
- is at least an order of magnitude faster when dealing with large heaps;
- correctly implements several aspects of the protocol that were implemented
incorrectly in PySPEAD (bug-compatibility is also available);
- correctly implements many corner cases on which PySPEAD would simply fail;
- cleanly supports several SPEAD flavours (e.g. 64-40 and 64-48) in one
module, with the receiver adapting to the flavour used by the sender;
- supports Python 3;
- supports asynchronous operation, using trollius.
For more information, refer to the documentation on readthedocs.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.