High-performance SPEAD implementation
spead2 is an implementation of the SPEAD protocol, with both Python and C++ bindings. The 2 in the name indicates that this is a new implementation of the protocol; the protocol remains essentially the same. Compared to the PySPEAD implementation, spead2:
- is at least an order of magnitude faster when dealing with large heaps;
- correctly implements several aspects of the protocol that were implemented incorrectly in PySPEAD (bug-compatibility is also available);
- correctly implements many corner cases on which PySPEAD would simply fail;
- cleanly supports several SPEAD flavours (e.g. 64-40 and 64-48) in one module, with the receiver adapting to the flavour used by the sender;
- supports Python 3;
- supports asynchronous operation, using trollius.
For more information, refer to the documentation on readthedocs.