Sphinx reStructuredText builder
Sphinx reStructuredText Builder
This extension is in particular useful to use in combination with the autodoc extension to automatically generate documentation for use by any rst parser (such as the GitHub wiki).
In itself, the extension is fairly straightforward – it takes the parsed reST file from Sphinx and outputs it as reST.
- Sphinx 2.0 or later
- Python 3.6 or later
pip install sphinx-rst-builder
git clone https://github.com/davidfritzsche/sphinx-rst-builder.git cd sphinx-rst-builder python setup.py install
If you want to take a look and have a try, you can put the reST builder in an extension subdirectory, and adjust sys.path to tell Sphinx where to look for it:
- Add the extensions directory to the path in conf.py. E.g.
- Set the builder as a extension in conf.py:
- Run sphinx-build with target rst:
The following four configuration variables are defined by sphinxcontrib.restbuilder:
This is the file name suffix for generated reST files. The default is ".rst".
Suffix for generated links to reST files. The default is whatever rst_file_suffix is set to.
Function to translate a docname to a filename. By default, returns docname + rst_file_suffix.
Function to translate a docname to a (partial) URI. By default, returns docname + rst_link_suffix.
The reST builder is in a preliminary state. It’s not (yet) widely used, so any feedback is particularly welcome.
sphinx-rst-builder 0.0.1 (21 June 2019)
- Renamed from sphinxcontrib.restbuilder to sphinx-rst-builder
- Code location: https://github.com/davidfritzsche/sphinx-rst-builder
restbuilder 0.2 (7 June 2018)
- Code moved to https://gitub.com/sphinx-contrib/restbuilder
- Python 3 compatible (Nicola Musatti)
- Adhere to rst_indent-specified indentation (Matthew Planchard)
- Fixed issue where links were converted to plaintext (Matthew Planchard)
restbuilder 0.1 (25 August 2013)
- Code submitted to sphinx-contrib https://bitbucket.org/birkenfeld/sphinx-contrib
- Released as sphinxcontrib-restbuilder
- Added basic documentation
- Unsupported/unknown tags are not printed, but send to log facility.
restbuilder (no version) (28 April 2012)
- First release as port of a documentation generator in the NBT package https://github.com/twoolie/NBT/commit/eefbd26c422a0e5f3c89e84fabcfb951a11722b0
Copyright (c) 2019 by David Fritzsche and contributors.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS “AS IS” AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
Freek Dijkstra (macfreek) G. Nicholas d’Andrea (gnidan) Jeffrey Lo (jeffrey_lo) Matthew Planchard (mplanchard) Nicola Musatti (nmusatti) David Fritzsche (davidfritzsche)
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size sphinx_rst_builder-0.0.1-py3-none-any.whl (12.3 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for sphinx_rst_builder-0.0.1-py3-none-any.whl