Sphinx docx builder extension.
Sphinx docx builder extension generate single docx file from Sphinx document source. This extension use python-docx module (included) for the docx file generation.
- This extension work on Multi-platform (not need OpenOffice or MS Word).
- Usable sphinx syntax and directives:
- heading line output
- paragraph output (standard body text)
- image and figure directive output
- bullet-list and numbered-list output
- table output (restrictive)
Currently, many directives and indented block are not work correctly, yet.
Make environment by easy_install
Make environment by buildout
‘hg clone’ or download sphinxcontrib-docxbuilder archive from ‘get source’ menu at http://bitbucket.org/shimizukawa/sphinxcontrib-docxbuilder
$ cd /path/to/sphinxcontrib-docxbuilder $ python bootstrap.py -d init $ bin/buildout
for example sphinx-docx building, simply run below:
$ bin/example ... Saved new file to: examples/example-0.1.docx
Set ‘sphinxcontrib-docxbuilder’ to ‘extensions’ line of target sphinx source conf.py:
extensions = ['sphinxcontrib-docxbuilder']
Execute sphinx-build with below option:
$ bin/sphinx-build -b docx [input-dir] [output-dir] $ ls [output-dir] output.docx
- Python 2.6 or later (not support 3.x)
- python-docx (not released, but included), Thanks Mike MacCana.
- setuptools or distriubte.
- Not released.
- table output
- toctree generation (dispose toctree output? create by docx function?)
- reset number for non-continuous numbered list
- add page-break directive
- implement many many directives
- code highlighting
- and etc….
- using dotx template
- some emphasis (italic, bold)
- docx builder need python-docx package, but not distributed at PyPI.
- python-docx can’t generate <w:i> (italic) and <w:b> (bold) mode tag.
- some indented block output are not working correctly yet.
- figure directive’s caption become normal paragraph (not bundled with image).
- python-docx using template’s media(image) folder for temporarily, then some independent document’s media files are shared unexpectly.
- image directive break docx format (maybe very large file are included)