Sphinx "images" extension
sphinxcontrib-images (formerly sphinxcontrib-fancybox).
Easy sphinx thumbnails (focused on HTML).
- Show thumbnails instead of full size images inside documentation (HTML).
- Ability to zoom/enlarge picture using LightBox2 (HTML).
- Ability to group pictures
- Download remote pictures and keep it in cache (if requested)
- Support for other formats (latex, epub, … - fallback to image directive)
- Easy to extend (add own backend in only few lines of code)
- Add other HTML “preview” solution than LightBox2
- Add better support to non-HTML outputs
- Preprocess images
- Make proper thumbnails (scale down images)
How to install?
Instalation through pip:
pip install sphinxcontrib-images
or through the GitHub:
pip install git+https://github.com/spinus/sphinxcontrib-images
Next, you have to add extension to conf.py in your sphinx project.
extensions = [ … 'sphinxcontrib.images', … ]
How to use it?
.. thumbnail:: picture.png
You can also override default image directive provided by sphinx. Check the documentation for all configuration options.
Questions and suggestions
If you have any suggstions, patches, problems - please use GitHub Issues.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|sphinxcontrib_images-0.8.0-py2-none-any.whl (65.5 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||2.7|
|sphinxcontrib-images-0.8.0.tar.gz (105.8 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|