Plugins for release automation with zest.releaser.
spirit.releaser provides several plugins for zest.releaser. The plugins are registered globally and can be activated if needed.
Exporting Diazo Themes as ZIP files
Plone allows us to upload diazo themes as zip files. This can be used when we don’t have the permission to install our theme on the server as a python package (e.g. within a shared hosting environment). spirit.releaser provides a hook which is run after the release has been done. Use the following options in your setup.cfg to enable the ZIP file export:
[spirit.releaser] diazo_export.enabled = true diazo_export.path = src/my/package/theme diazo_export.adjust_title = true diazo_export.adjust_theme_version = true diazo_export.theme_name = mypackage diazo_export.exclude = node_modules _less
- Append the version number of the package to the title in the zipped manifest.cfg file.
- Add or update the theme_version parameter with the current version number of the package.
- Activate or deactivate the export. It can be used in the default and multi-theme settings.
- Exclude the listed folders/files from the diazo export.
- Define multiple subsections for diazo themes. Multi-theme sections must start with spirit.releaser:, followed by the identifier for that theme.
- Path relative from the package root to the folder containing the diazo resource files. It can be used in the default and multi-theme settings.
- Add a custom name for the theme folder and exported zip file. Use this is you have a different name (id) for your theme, e.g. ‘mypackage’ instead of ‘my.package’. It can be used in the default and multi-theme settings.
To export more than one diazo theme from a package you can use the diazo_export.multi option:
[spirit.releaser] diazo_export.multi = theme custom diazo_export.enabled = true diazo_export.adjust_title = true diazo_export.adjust_theme_version = true [spirit.releaser:theme] diazo_export.path = src/my/package/theme diazo_export.theme_name = mypackage [spirit.releaser:custom] diazo_export.path = src/my/package/theme-custom diazo_export.theme_name = mypackage-custom
Use in a buildout
[buildout] parts += releaser [releaser] recipe = zc.recipe.egg:scripts dependent-scripts = true eggs = spirit.releaser my.package
If you want to use the latest development version from GitHub, add spirit.releaser to your mr.developer source section:
[buildout] extensions += mr.developer [sources] spirit.releaser = git email@example.com:it-spirit/spirit.releaser.git
This creates the zest.releaser executables in your bin-directory. Create a release as you’re used to:
Installation in a virtualenv
You can also install spirit.releaser in a virtualenv.:
$ pip install spirit.releaser
You can also install the latest version of spirit.releaser directly from GitHub:
$ pip install -e firstname.lastname@example.org:it-spirit/spirit.releaser.git#egg=spirit.releaser
Now you can use it like this (when releasing your package):
- Fix open mode.
- Python3 compatibility.
- Set correct initial value for exclude list. [tmassman]
- Add support for multiple diazo themes in one package. [tmassman]
- Add support for excluding files/folders from zipped diazo themes. [tmassman]
- Use correct version number within a release. [tmassman]
- Set correct folder name before doing zip export. [tmassman]
- Add postrelease hook to change ‘theme_version’ param back to development version. [tmassman]
- Add option ‘diazo_export.theme_name’ to adjust the theme name if this one is different from the package name. [tmassman]
- Fix return value check. [tmassman]
- Add new prerelease hook to update the ‘theme_version’ param. [tmassman]
- Save zip file in parent directory. [tmassman]
- Add option to update the ‘theme_version’ param. [tmassman]
- Change directory again after file has been created. [tmassman]
- Added console script to only release diazo theme as zip. [tmassman]
- Initial release. [tmassman]
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size spirit.releaser-0.8.tar.gz (6.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|