Simple web scraper package for gathering sports data from ESPN.com
ESPN.com is a great site for gathering statistics about sports teams at both the college and major league level. This repository provides an easy to use interface for pulling data from the ESPN website.
- Python 3.6+
- Works on Linux, Windows, macOS, BSD
The quick way
pip install sport_scraper
There are many ways to contribute to SportScraper. Here are some of them:
- Blog about SportScraper. Tell the world how you’re using SportScraper. This will help newcomers with more examples and will help the SportScraper project to increase its visibility.
- Report bugs and request features by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit patches for new functionalities and/or bug fixes.
- Answer SportScraper questions at Stack Overflow.
This library is for educational purposes only. Webscraping of publicly available data was ruled legal by The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals (http://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/opinions/2019/09/09/17-16783.pdf).
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size sport_scraper-0.0.10-py3-none-any.whl (7.6 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size sport-scraper-0.0.10.tar.gz (6.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for sport_scraper-0.0.10-py3-none-any.whl