Amazon Redshift Dialect for sqlalchemy
Amazon Redshift dialect for SQLAlchemy.
The package is available on PyPI:
pip install sqlalchemy-redshift
The DSN format is similar to that of regular Postgres:
>>> import sqlalchemy as sa >>> sa.create_engine('redshift+psycopg2://firstname.lastname@example.org:5439/database') Engine(redshift+psycopg2://email@example.com:5439/database)
See the RedshiftDDLCompiler documentation for details on Redshift-specific features the dialect supports.
- Change the name of the package to sqlalchemy_redshift to match the naming convention for other dialects; the redshift_sqlalchemy package now emits a DeprecationWarning and references sqlalchemy_redshift. The redshift_sqlalchemy compatibility package will be removed in a future release. (Issue #58)
- Fix a bug where reflected tables could have incorrect column order for some CREATE TABLE statements, particularly for columns with an IDENTITY constraint. (Issue #60)
- Fix a bug where reflecting a table could raise a NoSuchTableError in cases where its schema is not on the current search_path (Issue #64)
- Add python 3.5 to the list of versions for integration tests. (Issue #61)
- Fix view support to be more in line with SQLAlchemy standards. get_view_definition output no longer includes a trailing semicolon and views no longer raise an exception when reflected as Table objects. (Issue #46)
- Rename RedShiftDDLCompiler to RedshiftDDLCompiler. (Issue #43)
- Update commands
- Expose optional TRUNCATECOLUMNS in CopyCommand.
- Add all other COPY parameters to CopyCommand.
- Move commands to their own module.
- Support inserts into ordered columns in CopyCommand.
- Use SYSDATE instead of NOW(). Thanks bouk. (Issue #15)
- Default to SSL with hardcoded AWS Redshift CA. (Issue #20)
- Refactor of CopyCommand including support for specifying format and compression type. (Issue #21)
- Explicitly require SQLAlchemy >= 0.9.2 for ‘dialect_options’. (Issue #13)
- Refactor of UnloadFromSelect including support for specifying all documented redshift options. (Issue #27)
- Fix unicode issue with SORTKEY on python 2. (Issue #34)
- Add support for Redshift DELETE statements that refer other tables in the WHERE clause. Thanks haleemur. (Issue #35)
- Raise NoSuchTableError when trying to reflect a table that doesn’t exist. (Issue #38)
- Register RedshiftImpl as an alembic 3rd party dialect.
- First version of sqlalchemy-redshift that can be installed from PyPI
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size sqlalchemy_redshift-0.4.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (35.5 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version 3.5||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size sqlalchemy-redshift-0.4.0.tar.gz (17.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for sqlalchemy_redshift-0.4.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl
Hashes for sqlalchemy-redshift-0.4.0.tar.gz