An API for parsing and generating STIX content.
A python library for parsing, manipulating, and generating Structured Threat Information eXpression (STIX™) v1.2.0 content.
$ pip install stix
The python-stix library can also be installed via the distutils setup.py script included at the root directory:
$ python setup.py install
The python-stix library depends on the presence of certain packages/libraries to function. Please refer to their installation documentation for installation instructions.
Installation on Ubuntu 14.04 (and older)
$ sudo apt-get install python-dev python-pip libxml2-dev libxslt-dev zlib1g-dev $ sudo pip install stix
Installation on Windows
Download the Lxml wheel for your version of Python from http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/#lxml, then install it via “pip install <filename>.whl”. For example, to install it on 64-bit Windows running Python 2.7:
$ pip install lxml-3.6.1-cp27-cp27m-win_amd64.whl $ pip install stix
Releases of the python-stix library will be given version numbers of the form major.minor.update.revision, where major, minor, and update correspond to the STIX version being supported. The revision number is used to indicate new versions of the python-stix library itself.
The python-stix package layout is as follows:
- stix/ : root level package.
- examples/ : example python scripts that leverage the python-stix library.
- stix/utils/ : utility classes and modules used internally by the python-stix library.
- stix/bindings/ : generateDS generated xml-to-python bindings (leveraged for parsing and output of STIX XML content).
- stix/campaign/ : APIs for STIX Campaign constructs.
- stix/coa/ : APIs for STIX Course Of Action constructs.
- stix/core/ : APIs for core STIX constructs (e.g., STIX Header, STIX Package).
- stix/common/ : APIs for common STIX constructs (e.g., Structured Text, Information Source).
- stix/exploit_target/ : APIs for STIX Exploit Target constructs.
- stix/incident/ : APIs for common Incident constructs.
- stix/indicator/ : APIs for STIX Indicator constructs.
- stix/extensions/ : APIs for STIX extensions (e.g., CIQ Identity).
- stix/report/: APIs for STIX Report constructs.
- stix/threat_actor/ : APIs for STIX Threat Actor constructs.
- stix/ttp/ : APIs for STIX TTP constructs.
Please refer to examples for concrete examples of how to interact with the python-stix library.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for stix-188.8.131.52-py2.py3-none-any.whl