OpenStack helpers for the StorPool API
This package contains Python helper classes to let the StorPool drivers in OpenStack use the StorPool API in a common way.
StorPool is distributed data storage software running on standard x86 servers. StorPool aggregates the performance and capacity of all drives into a shared pool of storage distributed among the servers. Within this storage pool the user creates thin-provisioned volumes that are exposed to the clients as block devices. StorPool consists of two parts wrapped in one package - a server and a client. The StorPool server allows a hypervisor to act as a storage node, while the StorPool client allows a hypervisor node to access the storage pool and act as a compute node. In OpenStack terms the StorPool solution allows each hypervisor node to be both a storage and a compute node simultaneously.
- add the remove_keys() method to the SPLockedJSONDB class
- remove stale requests from our openstack-attach.json cache file
- instead of raising the AttachmentInUse exception, forcibly detach the volume on the last attempt
- remove the now unused AttachmentInUse exception
- ignore nonexistent request IDs upon detaching
- allow the default “os” name prefix for volumes created by the OpenStack tools to be overridden by the storpool.conf file’s new SP_OPENSTACK_VOLUME_PREFIX setting
- raise a specific exception when a volume is still in use and may not be detached so that the Nova attachment driver may raise a specific exception in its turn
- drop the dependency on oslo_concurrency in setup.py, too
- use our own locking instead of oslo_concurrency, making it much easier (or even at all possible) to work with OpenStack Juno
- wait for all consumers of the attached StorPool volume to release it when detaching it
- wait a bit longer for a newly-attached volume to appear
- only retry locking on a “file exists” error; any other errors are fatal
- first public release
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for storpool.spopenstack-2.1.0.tar.gz
Hashes for storpool.spopenstack-2.1.0-py2-none-any.whl