A streamlit companion library to create a interactive reader for the content on a given folder.
streamlit_book is a streamlit companion library, written in python+streamlit to create a interactive reader for the content on a given folder. It was developed on November 2021 during streamlit's hackathon - ended up being awarded one of the two best apps!
The list of all demos of the library for release 0.7.0. are:
- Demo Activities v0.7.0: how activities can be used without multipage capability.
- Demo Chapter v0.7.0: Using a chapter (previous/next pagination).
- Demo Book v0.7.0: Using a book (sidebar navigation on chapters).
Some apps using the library are:
- Happy Birds : A self contained example that mixes features of the library with a funny twist.
- The (confusion) Matrix: Take the blue pill to learn all about the confusion matrix.
- The Streamlitsaurus Rex: Will teach you to always visualize your data, and exhibits the mythical Datasaurus.
All the documentation is at readthedocs.
How to use it
pip install streamlit_book
There are different ways to use it, but in short just add to
streamlit_app.py the function that list the files to be read (and other properties):
import streamlit as st import streamlit_book as stb # Streamlit page properties st.set_page_config() # Streamit book properties stb.set_book_config(menu_title="streamlit_book", menu_icon="lightbulb", options=[ "What's new on v0.7.0?", "Core Features", ], paths=[ "pages/00_whats_new.py", # single file "pages/01 Multitest", # a folder ], icons=[ "code", "robot", ], save_answers=True, )
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.