Google Translate api doesn’t support free translations now. So, this subtitle translator uses mygengo and able to translate subtitles using terminal and a mygengo free account to translate subtitles in various supported Langauges. Supported file format is srt in UTF-8 Format. This application is written in Python and script translate_subs is installed in your main shell.
git clone git://email@example.com/kevincobain2000/subtitle_translator.git
python setup.py install
- Register at mygengo and installing mygengo python api.
- Generate public_key and private_key.
- Make a dir in your home directory like this mkdir ~/mygengo_keys
- Copy and Paste and save in the files ~/mygengo_keys/public_key.txt and ~/mygengo_keys/private_key.txt, respectively.
- Save the above text files in home directory. Note# Do echo $HOME to find out location of your home directory.
Script translate_subs is installed and is called directly.
1. translate_subs -i input.srt -f english -t japanese 2. translate_subs -i input.srt -f en -t ja 3. translate_subs -i input.srt -f Eng -t Jap
>>> Output --> Translated file saved to ja-input.srt
sv Swedish id Indonesian pt Portuguese (Europe) es-la Spanish (Latin America) ko Korean ar Arabic fr-ca French (Canada) nl Dutch en English ja Japanese es Spanish (Spain) zh Chinese (Simplified) de German fr French ru Russian it Italian pt-br Portuguese (Brazil)
Note# Supported Languages are from English to Target language and vice versa
input.srt file must be utf-8 encoded. To convert to utf-8 see man iconv
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size subtitle_translator-0.1.tar.gz (43.6 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|