Generic CSV Processing for Django Apps
This library provides a CSVProcessor class which should be subclassed to implement your own per-row processing of CSV files. At minimum, override process_row(row).
The mixins support optional checksums of arbitrary columns, and asynchronous processing of files using Celery.
Super CSV is a stand alone library that can be used for CSV management, both syncronous and async.
Will install all prerequisites.
Runs the unit tests in local environment.
Using with Docker Devstack
Prerequisite: Have your Open edX https://github.com/edx/devstack properly installed. Note: When you see “from inside the lms” below, it means that you’ve run make lms-shell from your devstack directory and are on a command prompt inside the LMS container.
Clone this repo into ../src/ directory (relative to your “devstack” repo location). This will mount the directory in a way that is accessible to the lms container.
Clone inside the lms, uninstall super-csv and reinstall your local copy. You can just copy the following line. This is necessary if one wants to use latest version for testing/development purposes:
pip uninstall super-csv -y; pip install -e /edx/src/super-csv
Setup dev environment (since virtual environments are recommended for python development, here is an example of using virtualenv. Other tools would work as well). By default, edx containers come with virtualenv preinstalled
cd /edx/src/super-csv virtualenv super-csv-env source super-csv-env/activate make requirements
The code in this repository is licensed under the AGPL 3.0 unless otherwise noted.
Please see LICENSE.txt for details.
How To Contribute
Contributions are very welcome.
Please read How To Contribute for details.
Even though they were written with edx-platform in mind, the guidelines should be followed for Open edX code in general.
The pull request description template should be automatically applied if you are creating a pull request from GitHub. Otherwise you can find it at PULL_REQUEST_TEMPLATE.md.
The issue report template should be automatically applied if you are creating an issue on GitHub as well. Otherwise you can find it at ISSUE_TEMPLATE.md.
Reporting Security Issues
Please do not report security issues in public. Please email email@example.com.
Have a question about this repository, or about Open edX in general? Please refer to this list of resources if you need any assistance.
[1.0.1] - 2020-09-14
- Minor updates to attrs, code-annotations, and freezegun dependencies
[1.0.0] - 2020-09-02
- Upgrade celery to 4.2.2
[0.9.9] - 2020-05-28
- Removed caniusepython3 & python_2_unicode_compatible packages
[0.9.8] - 2020-05-04
- dropped support for Django version less than 2.2 and Added support for python 3.8
[0.9.7] - 2020-03-05
- Remove django-celery dependency
[0.9.6] - 2019-11-20
- Django 2.2 support
[0.9.5] - 2019-10-08
- Decode the input file before passing to DictReader if necessary
[0.9.4] - 2019-09-24
- Let the DeferrableMixin.save() method take an optional operating_user parameter.
[0.9.3] - 2019-09-20
- Commit after CSVOperation creation so that async celery tasks can find the operation record when they start.
[0.9.2] - 2019-09-17
- If a class inheriting from DeferrableMixin has a field user_id, use that user for the CSVOperation
[0.9.1] - 2019-07-19
- Reverses the ordering of CSV operation history rows
[0.8] - 2019-07-22
- Changes checksum column to avoid CSV quoting issues
[0.7.1] - 2019-07-19
- Exposes additional fields in serialized history of operations re:degree of success of the operation
[0.5.0] - 2019-07-02
- Exposes methods for serializing history of operations for particular processors.
[0.1.0] - 2019-05-15
- First release on PyPI.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size super_csv-1.0.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (28.9 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size super-csv-1.0.1.tar.gz (26.4 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for super_csv-1.0.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl