Extract data from an HTML table and store results to a csv file.
Simple script for downloading html tables as csv.
pip install -U table2csv
table2csv http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_Bowl_champions > dump.txt
- accepts a URL
- Identifies all the tables
- Merges tables that share same structure (e.g. same column headers get merged)
- Figures out which table is the biggest
- extracts text
- extracts links
- add the ability to specify which table on the page you would like to download (not just the biggest one)
- add support for columns that do not use proper <th> tags [DONE] tags for headers (i.e. imperfect html tables)]
- detect the data types found within each column
- add support for tables with hierarchical indices on the rows and/or columns
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.