Tag organizer that creates symlinks from filename-tags
Tag organizer that uses names of files and folders to create symlinks. Tags are defined by using #hashtags in the name. They can also be as many sub levels as you want, like #sub-hash-tag
note This version is a completey different version than the old (https://github.com/xeor/taggo/tree/0.2). The old version works for python 2 (but not 3). It also had config-file instead of parameters. Check out the repo if you want it..
- Free software: MIT license
- Documentation: https://taggo.readthedocs.io
- Source: https://github.com/xeor/taggo
- Issues: https://github.com/xeor/taggo/issues
This project is in beta stage, please report bugs :)
Any questions, thoughts, bugs are very welcome!
Start the container with environment variables like CRON_TAGGO_0 with the format * * * * *|run ….
- CRON_TAGGO_n where n is a number, start at 0, have as many as you want.
- We take care automaticly that only 1 of each number is running at a time. Example, if one of your job is running every minute and it takes more than a minute to finish. It wont start the 2nd time.
- The environment variable is split in 2 by a |. The first param is a cron, the 2nd is the parameters sent to the taggo command.
- Why the name taggo?
- It’s a tagging tool. It does stuff with tags. What do you suggest? Tagging, taggs, tags, tag2fold… no.. Taggo!
- Why do you want to create tags with symlinks?
- Because everyone have underestimated the power of tagging data.
- Photo filenames are just wasted, what does DCIM1234.jpg tell you?
- You know you miss one folder that contains all your dog pictures.
- You sould not depend on a 3rd party program/database to manage your files/photos.
- Dropping python 2.x support… Some things might end up being problematic to support. Like symlinks for directories in windows. So instead of making a bunch of hacks around functionality. It is now dropped.
- Making symlink name template configurable
- Symlink collision handling
- Logs to stdout/stderr depending on message severety
- Option to output log as json
- Option to prompt/wait after each symlink. Usefull for debugging
- Lots of things around symlink-name-templates, it’s now completly configurable.
- Possible to have extrainfo (used in symlink-name) from a tag parameter. Like #tag(info)
- Using powerful filters to not symlink certain files, or only symlink some files.
- Metadata-addons to use special file-info as in the symlink-name, like md5, stat, exif-data, …
- Output data as json, if you want a logparser to use it. Single-lines..
- Configurable collision handling. If symlink already exist and points to a different file.
- Making pip install taggo[all] to get all metadata-addon required libs
- –auto-cleanup option in run
- Log different messages to stdout or stderr
- Fixing up docker image
- Basic docker image
- Python 2.7 support
- Good test coverage
- Things are mostly working
- Rename functionality
- Much more
- Started a complete rewrite, mainly focusing on using python 3.6
- Test on PyPI.. Non working version.
- Checkpoint of the old version working only with 2.x. This checkpoint contains code from many years ago.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size taggo-0.15.0-py36-none-any.whl (16.7 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py36||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size taggo-0.15.0.tar.gz (195.7 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|