A currency trading ledger in Python
Tallywallet helps Engineers understand Money and Banking.
You can use it to create economic simulations, or to enable your applications with currency exchange and accounting features.
Tallywallet is a very young project. This package implements the following:
- Functions to work with Promissory Notes
- A Ledger class for double-entry accounting
- An Exchange class to enable currency trading
- Pre-hoc calculation of exchange rate gains on currency trading accounts
- Evaluation of the Fundamental Accounting Equation to verify balanced accounts
- A text format for saving Ledgers to file
- A how-to on loans, discounting, and amortization
- A tutorial on how to achieve foreign currency exchange in Python code
- An example of a macroeconomic monetary circuit simulation
Tallywallet requires Python 3.4. It uses setuptools for installation, but normally it has no external runtime dependencies.
You may have to compile Python 3.4 yourself if it is not yet available from your package repository.
Tallywallet comes with unit tests. To run them all requires the RSON package.
Download and unpack the source distribution:
$ tar -xzvf tallywallet-common-0.009.tar.gz $ cd tallywallet-common-0.009
Run the tests:
$ python3.4 -m unittest discover tallywallet
Consult the documentation:
$ firefox tallywallet/common/doc/html/index.html
Tallywallet’s mission is to provide a validated Pythonic framework for money trading and economic applications.
It is developed by a private individual but released to the public under the GNU Affero General Public License.
The API may change significantly as the project proceeds. At this early stage, you should only use the latest release, which may not be compatible with previous versions.
Can you help?
- If you’ve spotted a bug in Tallywallet, please let us know so we can fix it.
- If you think Tallywallet lacks a feature, you can help drive development by describing your Use Case.
In either event, please leave a message on the project’s message board.
|Copyright:||2014 Thuswise Ltd|
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size tallywallet-common-0.009.tar.gz (139.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|