TAL Chameleon (static site generator)
Simple structure: templates + data -> output html
Install from PyPI:
pip install talqual
Install requirement and launch tests:
pip install -r requirements-dev.txt pytest tests
Launch tests with driver option:
pytest tests --driver firefox
Maybe you get the error:
selenium.common.exceptions.WebDriverException: Message: 'geckodriver' executable needs to be in PATH.
Then you need to download the latest geckodriver release from https://github.com/mozilla/geckodriver/releases (such as geckodriver-v0.26.0-linux64.tar.gz) and extract it to the correspongind directory (such as /usr/local/bin/).
- talqual templates_dir
- talqual templates_dir output_html –data data.yaml
- python -m talqual templates_dir output_html –data data.yaml
or from code:
from talqual.main import run run(templates_dir, html_dir, data_yaml_file)
Template elements: Folder, File, TalTemplate/Html, NoView, TalCommand Data elements: Python objects, yaml files
- Define a data.yaml file
- Define a templates directory
- A folder in the templates is created to the html directory
- A file (pdf, image, css, js, etc.) in the templates is copied to the html directory
- A no view element (file or directory starting by _) in the templates is not created to the html directory
- A TAL template in the templates gets rendered to the html directory
- It can reference data from the data directory or from python objects
- It can be:
- a static .html or .htm (with no templating)
- a simple template .html .htm or .pt (with TAL templating)
- a template with macros .html .htm or .pt (with TAL and METAL templating)
- A TAL Command gets executed and rendered to the html directory
- a template with NAME.tal_repeat_VARIABLE.pt gets repeated by data[VARIABLE] (it must be an iterable). Results in NAME.0.html, NAME.1.html, NAME.2.html, etc.
- a template with NAME.tal_batch_VARIABLE_PAGESIZE.pt gets rendered by a Batch of PAGESIZE for data[VARIABLE] (it must be an iterable). Results in NAME.html, NAME.2.html, NAME.3.html, etc.
talqual is offered under the GPLv3 license.
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
- Add faceted select features
- Add faceted+batch combination
- Initial release.
- Template structure + yaml data file = output html structure
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size talqual-0.0.2-py3-none-any.whl (32.6 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size talqual-0.0.2.tar.gz (32.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|