tarantula crawls your movie directory, and retrieves info, posters and trailer of the movies present from the International Movie Database(IMDb) and RottenTomatoes.com. It also creates a local database of the retrieved info. Information obtained includes Plot, Director, Actors, IMDb Rating, TomatoMeter, etc.
The sqlite database can then be searched using sql commands such as the Following, which shows you all the movies directed by Christopher Nolan.
- getmoviedata - Gets info and posters of a movie
- and stores in the form of text, json and an sqlite DB.
- tarantula - Recursively searches a directory, identifying movies. Then calls getmoviedata.
- replace - In case the info is wrong, the user can replace it.
How to Use
Extract all the files from the .tar or.zip file (either is fine) and run this from the command line:
python3 setup.py install
For help on usage, run the following from the command line:
tarantula.py --help getmoviedata.py --help replace.py --help
In case you were thinking of using a module or two from this code, feel free to do so. This code is licensed under the MIT License, which means you can use it however you like as long as you preserve the copyright notice.
- Ways you could use the code:
- Use the whole thing, and write a GUI for the data in the database, as use the posters and the trailers to add flavour.
- Replace the crawler (tarantula) with your own, if you prefer some other language and use getmoviedata to get whatever you want.
- Use everything, replacing the writer module alone, if you want to do something else with the data.
- Use the wrappers for the RottenTomatoes and IMDb API’s - rtapi and imdbapi respectively.
- Use only the trailer module to get the trailers of movies.
MIT License. Refer License.txt
Only tested on Python 3.2
Bug Reports/ Feature Requests can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Readme written on 10th January 2012.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|tarantula-1.1.0b1.tar.gz (17.9 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|
|tarantula-1.1.0b1.zip (25.0 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|