A utility to trim Python traceback information.
tbtrim is a utility to trim Python traceback information. By assigning user-refined
sys.excepthook, one can easily customize the behavior after an exception is raise and uncaught, and just before the interpreter prints out the given traceback and exception to
In a more human-readable way,
tbtrim is to let you handle the last words of a program when it exits because of an exception.
Simply run the following to install the current version from PyPI:
$ pip install tbtrim
Or install the latest version from the git repository:
git clone https://github.com/gousaiyang/tbtrim.git cd tbtrim pip install -e . # and to update at any time git pull
set_trim_rule(predicate, target=BaseException, exclude=None, strict=False, exception=None)
Set the rule for trimming traceback (will set
threading.excepthook if available).
You can determine whether to start trimming traceback items based on the filename (using
predicate), and can choose to trim traceback only for some certain exceptions (using
- predicate (function): a function which takes one
strparameter (the filename of a traceback item) and returns
Trueindicates that this traceback item and the following items should be trimmed)
- target (class_or_tuple): an exception or a tuple of exceptions may be given to trim traceback only for those exceptions
- exclude (class_or_tuple): an exception or a tuple of exceptions may be given to exclude them from traceback trimming
- strict (bool): indicate whether to check an exception against
excludein a strict mode (setting
- exception (class_or_tuple): this is a deprecated alias of
exclude, retained for backward compatibility
Clear the rule for trimming traceback (restore the excepthooks).
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for tbtrim-0.3.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl