Templer extension for creating Django applications within projects.
This package extends the functionality of the templer code generation system. It builds upon the functionality of templer.core, and depends on that package.
Templer.django-project-app provides basic support for creating Django applications within an existing project like the startproject command but in a more useful way.
For the latest stable version of the package use easy_install or pip:
$ easy_install templer.django-project-app $ pip install templer.django-project-app
You could also retrieve the development version of the module like this:
$ pip install -e git://github.com/Fantomas42/templer.django-project-app.git#egg=templer.django-project-app
As with the parent package, templer.core, creating packages using templer.django-project-app template is accomplished by using the templer script. The script is invoked thus:
$ templer django_project_app
This will create a basic application skeleton related to your project, containing the models.py, urls.py and views.py which may be edited to taste.
If your application is not located within a project, you can also use the script but with a different template name, like this:
$ templer django_app
- Add django_app template for application created outside projects.
- Pep8 on the code.
- Fix model’s meta verbose names.
- Using class-based views.
- Adding structure for management commands.
- Completing the default model and admin classes.
- Creation of a tests.py file.
- The model name is now configurable.
- Rename project var to project_root.
- Add a post run message with instructions for installing the new created applications.
- Porting the code of the unreleased paster.django_project_application to templer.django-project-app.