Manage and read podcasts and youtubevideos in your terminal
termipod is a curses application written in Python3 to manage your podcasts and your youtube channels in your terminal.
With it, you can:
- Handle channel/user/playlist youtube pages
- Handle RSS feeds with media
- Mark media as read/unread/skipped
- Download media
- Automatically download new media matching a pattern
- Play media with mpv, mark automatically as read if entirely played
- Create sub-channel based on regex (called mask)
- Add only media (with disabled channel)
- Display thumbnails (in urxvt terminal with pixbuf support)
- Create m3u playlists
- Search in your channel/media list
- Run local http server to stream m3u playlists and media (requires Python twisted module)
- Tag media and channels, filter media
- Export channels to file
- Customizable key bindings
Youtube channels are handled by youtube_dl for the first import to get all videos, but then, for efficiency purpose, by feedparser reading the RSS feed provided by Google.
You can install it with pip:
pip install termipod
To install last version from master, simply clone it and run in the repository directory:
pip install .
# To open UI termipod
# To show help termipod –help
# To add a new channel from command line and automatically download new videos termipod –add http://radiofrance-podcast.net/podcast09/rss_14257.xml –add-opts “auto=.*”
termipod is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
termipod is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see [http://www.gnu.org/licenses/](http://www.gnu.org/licenses/).
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size termipod-2.0-py3-none-any.whl (63.9 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size termipod-2.0.tar.gz (53.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|