Python support for the Transactive Energy Simulation Platform
Transactive Energy Simulation Platform (TESP) simulates the electric power distribution grid with transactive control of loads and resources. Current features include:
- GridLAB-D for the distribution system and residential loads
- EnergyPlus for large buildings
- MATPOWER or PYPOWER for the bulk power systems
- Bindings for transactive agents in Python, Java or C++
The goal of TESP is that researchers can focus their work on the last item, to push advances in the field.
tesp_support can be installed using pip:
$ pip install tesp_support
However, in order to be useful, tesp_support needs custom versions of GridLAB-D and EnergyPlus. It also requires Python 3.6 or later, with NumPy, SciPy, NetworkX, Matplotlib and PYPOWER. There are cross-platform installers of the complete TESP for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X on GitHub. A Docker version is also available for users.
Development Work Flow for tesp_support
- From this directory, ‘pip install -e .’ points Python to this cloned repository for any calls to tesp_support functions
- See the https://github.com/pnnl/tesp/tree/master/src/tesp_support/tesp_support for a roadmap of existing Python source files, and some documentation. Any changes or additions to the code need to be made in this directory.
- Run tests from any other directory on this computer
- When ready, edit the tesp_support version number and dependencies in setup.py
- To deploy, ‘python setup.py sdist upload’
- Any user gets the changes with ‘pip install tesp_support –upgrade’
- Use ‘pip show tesp_support’ to verify the version and location on your computer
- tesp_support; Python code for agents, configuration and post-processing.
- test; scripts that support testing the package; not automated.
License & Copyright
- Copyright (C) 2017-2019 Battelle Memorial Institute
Version 1.0.0 (2017-06-08)
- Initial release
Version 0.2 (2017-10-14)
- For NIST TE Challenge 2
Version 0.1.4 (2018-09-30)
- For GridAPPS-D Demo
- GridLAB-D feature/1146 branch with FNCS-controlled switching
Version 0.1.9 (2018-12-13)
- Three desktop version installers for Mac, Windows and Linux
- Tutorial video
- DSO+T study files
Release history Release notifications
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size tesp_support-0.3.24.tar.gz (124.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|