Pluggable application for TurboGears2 that permits to change user password or reset it when lost, with sqla and ming compatibility
resetpassword is a Pluggable application for TurboGears2 that permits to change user password or reset it when lost.
resetpassword can be installed both from pypi or from bitbucket:
pip install tgapp-resetpassword
should just work for most of the users
In your application config/app_cfg.py import plug:
from tgext.pluggable import plug
Then at the end of the file call plug with resetpassword:
You will be able to access the plugged application at http://localhost:8080/resetpassword.
Some options are available that can be set on .ini configuration file for your application. At least one option is required to make activation emails work:
- resetpassword.email_sender -> Outgoing mails sender
If you are not using TurboMail a few more configuration options must be set to make activation email work:
- resetpassword.smtp_host -> SMTP server to use to send emails
- resetpassword.smtp_port -> SMTP server port
- resetpassword.smtp_login -> Login for authentication on SMTP server
- resetpassword.smtp_passwd -> Password for authentication on SMTP server
When plugging tgapp-resetpassword the following options can be passed to the plug call:
- reset_password.reset_password_form -> Full python path of the form class to use for Reset Password form. By default resetpassword.lib.forms.ResetPasswordForm is used.
- reset_password.new_password_form -> Full python path of the form class to use for New Password form. By default registration.lib.forms.NewPasswordForm is used.
resetpassword makes available a some hooks which will be called during some actions to alter the default behavior of the appplications:
- resetpassword.on_request(user, email_data, reset_link)
The templates used by resetpassword and that can be replaced with tgext.pluggable.replace_template are:
- resetpassword.templates.index -> Page with password reset request form
- resetpassword.templates.change_password -> Page with change password request