A platform for building terminal games
THERE IS NO CODE YET. I'm just namesquatting while planning so I don't have to rename everything later. Check back next week for first implementation.
Terminal Game Platform
A simple platform to handle some of the annoying implementation details of creating a terminal based game.
- Clone this repo: (https://github.com/terminal-game-platform/launcher)
pip install .or
sudo pip3 install .in the root directory
Installing development dependencies
There are a few dependencies you will need to use this package fully, they are specified in the extras require parameter in setup.py but you can install them manually:
nox # Used to run automated processes pytest # Used to run the test code in the tests directory mkdocs # Used to create HTML versions of the markdown docs in the docs directory
Just go through and run
pip install <name> or
sudo pip3 install <name>. These dependencies will help you to automate documentation creation, testing, and build + distribution (through PyPi) automation.
A Brief explanation of how the project is set up for people trying to get into developing for it
Contains all the first party modules used in tgp
Contains markdown source files to be used with mkdocs to create html/pdf documentation.
Contains tests to be run before release
setup.py: Contains all the configuration for installing the package via pip.
LICENSE: This file contains the licensing information about the project.
CHANGELOG.md: Used to create a changelog of features you add, bugs you fix etc. as you release.
mkdocs.yml: Used to specify how to build documentation from the source markdown files.
noxfile.py: Used to configure various automated processes using nox, these include;
- Building release distributions
- Releasing distributions on PyPi
- Running test suite agains a number of python versions (3.5-current)
If anything to do with deployment or releases is failing, this is likely the suspect.
There are 4 main sessions built into the noxfile and they can be run using
nox -s <session name> i.e.
nox -s test:
- build: Creates a source distribution, builds the markdown docs to html, and creates a universal wheel distribution for PyPi.
- release: First runs the build session, then asks you to confirm all the pre-release steps have been completed, then runs twine to upload to PyPi
- test: Runs the tests specified in /tests using pytest, and runs it on python versions 3.5-3.8 (assuming they are installed)
- docs: Serves the docs on a local http server so you can validate they have the content you want without having to fully build them.
.gitignore: A preconfigured gitignore file (info on .gitignore files can be found here: https://www.atlassian.com/git/tutorials/saving-changes/gitignore)
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size tgp-0.0.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (16.2 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size tgp-0.0.1.tar.gz (4.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|