tha.coverage provides a bin/createcoverage script that servers as a one-line coverage report generator. It is essentially a wrapper around z3c.coverage. It is intended for use inside buildouts, so there are two assumptions:
- The directory you run this script from is the root of the buildout.
- There is a bin/test.
Installation and use
To install, add tha.coverage to a zc.recipe.egg section. You often already have one for common scripts. So something like this:
[buildout] ... parts = ... console_scripts [console_scripts] recipe = zc.recipe.egg eggs = ... tha.coverage
This gives you a bin/createcoverage script that does the following:
- Check whether bin/test exists. Safety feature.
- Remove old coverage dir if it exists. This way you always have clean results.
- Run bin/test with the --coverage=... option.
- Use z3c.coverage to create the actual reports. By default into ./coverage/reports. If you start createcoverage with a command line argument (bin/createcoverage /tmp/output) it will put the reports into that directory.
- Open the reports in your webbrowser if you did not specify an output directory. The assumption here is that if you run the script as-is, you just want to see the coverage reports. If you do specify an output directory, you’re probably running it from within buildbot or so on the server and you want the output in some webserver-served directory. No use to open a browser on the server.
z3c.coverage uses the “enscript” command for python code highlighting. The version provided by OSX complains about an unkown --footer argument passed by z3c.coverage. There are two possible solutions:
Install enscript from macports.
Add a script called “enscript” on your path that calls the original enscript minus the offending argument:
#!/bin/sh shift /usr/bin/enscript -q --header -h --language=html --color -o - $9
- Await first bug reports :-)
Changelog of tha.coverage
- Implemented first working version. [reinout]
- Initial library skeleton created by thaskel. [reinout]
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size tha.coverage-0.1.tar.gz (7.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|