Utilities for TIFF files
Various TIFF utility functions.
This module provide various functionality for working with TIFF files that is not available in other modules.
Currently, the primary functionality is the ability to load and save RAW Bayer images to and from DNGs and Numpy ndarrays.
- This is a Python C API module, so the Python headers are required
- Python 2 and Python 3 are supported
- Tested on Python 3.6+
- libtiff-dev > 4.0.3
- libtiff with support for CFA (color filter array) tags is required
- Support is merged into the libtiff trunk, and will be released with the version of libtiff following 4.0.3.
- A patch for libtiff 4.0.3 is included as libtiff-4.0.3.patch
- The latest version can be downloaded from the libtiff website.
Building and installing
First ensure that you have libtiff > 4.0.3. If not, you need to configure, build, and install a newer version. The CVS trunk already includes the required CFA tag support, so it can be used directly. Otherwise, download libtiff 4.0.3, apply the included patch, and configure, build, and install libtiff.
$ cd /path/to/libtiff $ patch -p1 < /path/to/tiffutils/libtiff-4.0.3.patch
Once all dependencies are met, it is simple to build and install the module:
$ python setup.py install
Or, for Python 3:
$ python3 setup.py install
Of course, if the installation location requires root permissions,
test/ directory contains module unit tests, which can be run with nose.
These tests are additionally dependent on GExiv2, for verifying image metadata.
$ pip install nose $ nosetests
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.