An Advanced Django CMS
Open source enterprise content management system based on the django framework.
To propose features, always open pull requests on the develop branch. It’s the branch for features that will go into the next django CMS feature release.
For fixes for 3.0.x releases, please work on support/3.0.x which contains the next patch release for 3.0.x series.
The master branch is the current stable release, the one released on PyPI. Changes based on master will not be accepted.
- Hierarchical pages
- Extensive support for multilingual websites
- Multi site support
- Draft/Published workflows
- Use the content blocks (placeholders) in your own apps (models)
- Use the content blocks (static placeholders) anywhere in your templates
- Edit content directly in the frontend on your pages
- Hierarchical content plugins (columns, style changes etc)
- Navigation rendering and extending from your apps
- SEO friendly urls
- Highly integrative into your own apps
You can define editable areas, called placeholders, in your templates which you fill with many different so called CMS content plugins. A list of all the plugins can be found here:
Should you be unable to find a suitable plugin for you needs, writing your own is very simple.
More information on our website.
Please head over to our documentation for all the details on how to install, extend and use the django CMS.
You can use the django CMS installer:
$ pip install --upgrade virtualenv $ virtualenv env $ source env/bin/activate (env) $ pip install djangocms-installer (env) $ mkdir myproject && cd myproject (env) $ djangocms -p . my_demo (env) $ python manage.py
Please head over to our IRC channel, #django-cms, on irc.freenode.net or write to our mailing list.