tomaty is a pomodoro program featuring a GUI and tracking system
“you say tomato, I say stop wasting my time with lame python portmanteaus”
tomaty is a pomodoro app featuring basic stats tracking and notifications with many more features on the way.
- the primary motivation for yet another pomodoro app was that none of the others I could find were:
- not an electron app
- simple but feature robust (flexible for user preferences)
while tomaty’s current release is limited in features, i’m already working hard on another major release.
- the following features should be available in the coming 2.0.0 release:
- To-Do list
- basic settings page for user configuration
- setting: continuous mode
- setting: pausing (rather than resetting)
- setting: dark theme
- … and more!
If you would like to see how things are going, checkout the project page for tomaty v2.
… please do!
there are plenty of open issues i’ve created for enhancing tomaty. just let me know if you are working on one so i can prioritize my time elsewhere on the project.
this is a python3 project. please use python3.
the docs there have instructions for essentially all major operating systems , please use them!
- (preferably) create a virtual environment
- using pip: pip install tomaty
if you get errors about user privileges, particularly on linux or mac, try pip install --user tomaty. avoid using sudo whenever possible in terms of install pip packages.
To update, simply pip install --upgrade tomaty. Be sure to do this often, I am constantly adding enhancements and patching bugs 🐛.
- install the version you want from github
- enter the directory of your local clone
- using pip: pip install -e .
Assuming you are tracking master, a simple git pull origin master will do for updates.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size tomaty-1.0.33.tar.gz (1.5 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|