A python library to interface with ansible tower's (awx) api.
A python library to interface with ansible tower’s (awx) api.
- Documentation: https://towerlib.readthedocs.org/en/latest
The workflow supports the following steps
These actions are supported out of the box by the corresponding scripts under _CI/scripts directory with sane defaults based on best practices. Sourcing setup_aliases.ps1 for windows powershell or setup_aliases.sh in bash on Mac or Linux will provide with handy aliases for the shell of all those commands prepended with an underscore.
The bootstrap script creates a .venv directory inside the project directory hosting the virtual environment. It uses pipenv for that. It is called by all other scripts before they do anything. So one could simple start by calling _lint and that would set up everything before it tried to actually lint the project
Once the code is ready to be delivered the _tag script should be called accepting one of three arguments, patch, minor, major following the semantic versioning scheme. So for the initial delivery one would call
$ _tag –minor
which would bump the version of the project to 0.1.0 tag it in git and do a push and also ask for the change and automagically update HISTORY.rst with the version and the change provided.
So the full workflow after git is initialized is:
- repeat as necessary (of course it could be test - code - lint :) ) * code * lint * test
- commit and push
- develop more through the code-lint-test cycle
- tag (with the appropriate argument)
- upload (if you want to host your package in pypi)
- document (of course this could be run at any point)
This template is based on pipenv. In order to be compatible with requirements.txt so the actual created package can be used by any part of the existing python ecosystem some hacks were needed. So when building a package out of this do not simple call
$ python setup.py sdist bdist_egg
as this will produce an unusable artifact with files missing. Instead use the provided build and upload scripts that create all the necessary files in the artifact.
- Can get, create and delete all entities in a tower deployment.
This code is MVP and needs a lot of improvements. Some of them are, optimize all queries, implement searching and filtering and implement smart caching of entities.
- First release
- Refactored code to use entity managers for all tower objects saving a huge amount of network calls and implemented filtering
- Removed pipenv locking mechanism as this is broken for python 2.7 completely
- Added capability to launch job template job
- Added support for specifying http or https and certificate verifications options
- Extented the editing capabilities of hosts to name, description and enabled status
- Implemented dynamic attributes in running jobs.
- Implemented cancel capabilities for running jobs.
- Updated the template to python 3.7
- Officially dropped support for python 2.7
- Update template and dependencies
- Reverted breaking change for upload script
- Fixed reference in the package for the right github repo
- Fixed issue https://github.com/schubergphilis/towerlib/issues/11 with some organization entities
- Implemented group association retrieval (contribution by <email@example.com>)
- Added group association and disassociation
- Bumped Requests
- Changed library.py
- update setup.py
- Added missing import of object that caused a bug in the EntityManager crashing, not being able to load it.
- Fixed inventory host deletion.
- Fixed the references to all the objects to be identified by their parent relationship to avoid ambiguity. Full test coverage.
- bumped dependencies
- Implemented basic inventory source addition functionality
- Implemented helper method to create inventory source with an existing credential id.
- fixed add_credential
- Added case incensitive search
- Fix pagination for filtering.
- fixed pagination!!
- Fixed underlying _update_values method to prevent overwrite of nested dicts in AWX 9.0.1.
- Linting and pipfile dependency fixes.
- Added support for python 3.6 by adding dataclasses package with marker
- Removed unwanted development files from the final package.
- Added support for Schedules
- bumped requests
- Implemented capabilities to add organization object roles to team permissions.
- bump requests
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size towerlib-3.4.0-py3.7.egg (119.8 kB)||File type Egg||Python version 3.7||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size towerlib-3.4.0.tar.gz (100.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|