virtualenv-based automation of test activities
What is Tox?
Tox is a generic virtualenv management and test command line tool you can use for:
- checking your package installs correctly with different Python versions and interpreters
- running your tests in each of the environments, configuring your test tool of choice
- acting as a frontend to Continuous Integration servers, greatly reducing boilerplate and merging CI and shell-based testing.
For more information and the repository please checkout:
Changelog (last 5 releases - full changelog)
- #466: stop env var leakage if popen failed with resultjson or redirect
- #276: Remove easy_install from docs (TL;DR: use pip).
- Thanks Martin Andrysík (@sifuraz).
- #301: Expand nested substitutions in tox.ini
- Thanks @vlaci. Thanks to Eli Collins (@eli-collins) for creating a reproducer.
- #315: add –help and –version to helptox-quickstart
- Thanks @vlaci.
- #326: Fix OSError ‘Not a directory’ when creating env on Jython 2.7.0.
- Thanks Nick Douma (@LordGaav).
- #429: Forward MSYSTEM by default on Windows
- Thanks Marius Gedminas (@mgedmin) for reporting this.
- #449: add multi platform example to the docs.
- Thanks Aleks Bunin (@sashkab) and @rndr.
- #474: Start using setuptools_scm for tag based versioning.
- #484: Renamed py.test to pytest throughout the project
- Thanks Slam (@3lnc).
- #504: With -a: do not show additional environments header if there are none
- Thanks @rndr.
- #515: Don’t require environment variables in test environments where they
- are not used. Thanks André Caron (@AndreLouisCaron).
- #517: Forward NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS by default on Windows to fix
- multiprocessor.cpu_count(). Thanks André Caron (@AndreLouisCaron).
- #518: Forward USERPROFILE by default on Windows.
- Thanks André Caron (@AndreLouisCaron).
- #p528: Fix some of the warnings displayed by pytest 3.1.0.
- Thanks Bruno Oliveira (@nicoddemus).
- #p556: Report more meaningful errors on why virtualenv creation failed
- Thanks @vlaci. Also thanks to Igor Sadchenko (@igor-sadchenko) for pointing out a problem with that PR before it hit the masses :)
- #575: Add announcement doc to end all announcement docs
- (using only CHANGELOG and Github issues since 2.5 already)
- #p580: Do not ignore Sphinx warnings anymore
- Thanks Gábor Bernát (@gaborbernat).
- #585: Expand documentation to explain pass through of flags from deps to pip
- (e.g. -rrequirements.txt, -cconstraints.txt) Thanks Alexander Loechel (@loechel).
- #588: Run pytest wit xfail_strict and adapt affected tests.
#p450: Stop after the first installdeps and first testenv create hooks succeed. This changes the default behaviour of tox_testenv_create and tox_testenv_install_deps to not execute other registered hooks when the first hook returns a result that is not None. Thanks Anthony Sottile (@asottile).
New command line parameter: -a show all defined environments - not just the ones defined in (or generated from) envlist.
New verbosity settings for -l and -a: show user defined descriptions of the environments. This also works for generated environments from factors by concatenating factor descriptions into a complete description.
Note that for backwards compatibility with scripts using the output of -l it’s output remains unchanged.
Thanks Gábor Bernát (@gaborbernat).
#464: Fix incorrect egg-info location for modified package_dir in setup.py. Thanks Selim Belhaouane (@selimb).
#431: Add ‘LANGUAGE’ to default passed environment variables. Thanks Paweł Adamczak (@pawalad).
#455: Add a Vagrantfile with a customized Arch Linux box for local testing. Thanks Oliver Bestwalter (@obestwalter).
#446: (infrastructure) Travis CI tests for tox now also run on OS X now. Thanks Jason R. Coombs (@jaraco).
- add “alwayscopy” config option to instruct virtualenv to always copy files instead of symlinking. Thanks Igor Duarte Cardoso (@igordcard).
- pass setenv variables to setup.py during a usedevelop install. Thanks Eli Collins (@eli-collins).
- replace all references to testrun.org with readthedocs ones. Thanks Oliver Bestwalter (@obestwalter).
- fix #323 by avoiding virtualenv14 is not used on py32 (although we don’t officially support py32). Thanks Jason R. Coombs (@jaraco).
- add Python 3.6 to envlist and CI. Thanks Andrii Soldatenko (@andriisoldatenko).
- fix glob resolution from TOX_TESTENV_PASSENV env variable Thanks Allan Feldman (@a-feld).
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|tox-2.8.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl (49.5 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2.py3||Sep 10, 2017|
|tox-2.8.2.tar.gz (471.8 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Sep 10, 2017|