Transaction management for Python
This package contains a generic transaction implementation for Python. It is mainly used by the ZODB, though.
Note that the data manager API, transaction.interfaces.IDataManager, is syntactically simple, but semantically complex. The semantics were not easy to express in the interface. This could probably use more work. The semantics are presented in detail through examples of a sample data manager in transaction.tests.test_SampleDataManager.
- LP #142464: remove double newline between log entries: it makes doing smarter formatting harder.
- Updated tests to remove use of deprecated zope.testing.doctest.
- Fix test that incorrectly relied on the order of a list that was generated from a dict.
- Remove crufty DEPENDENCIES.cfg left over from zpkg.
- Initial release, branched from ZODB trunk on 2007-11-08 (aka “3.9.0dev”).
- Remove (deprecated) support for beforeCommitHook alias to addBeforeCommitHook.
- Add weakset tests.
- Remove unit tests that depend on ZODB.tests.utils from test_transaction (these are actually integration tests).