A Python tool to convert TransXchange data into GTFS.
This is a small library to convert transit data from TransXchange format into GTFS -format that can be used with various routing engines such as OpenTripPlanner.
This package is still in a Beta-phase, so use it at your own risk. Requires more testing. If you find an issue, you can contribute and help solving them by raising an issue.
- Reads TransXchange xml-files and converts into GTFS feed with all necessary information according the General Transit Feed Specification.
- Combines multiple TransXchange files into a single GTFS feed if present in the same folder.
- Uses multiprocessing to parallelize the conversion process.
- Parses dates of non-operation (bank holidays etc.) which are written to calendar_dates.txt.
- Uses NaPTAN stops.
The package is available at PyPi and you can install it with:
$ pip install transx2gtfs
Library works and is being tested with Python versions 3.6, 3.7 and 3.8.
After you have installed the library you can use it in a similar manner as any Python library:
>>> import transx2gtfs >>> data_dir_for_transxchange_files = "data/my_transxchange_files" >>> output_path = "data/my_converted_gtfs.zip" >>> transx2gtfs.convert(data_dir_for_transxchange_files, output_path)
After you have successfully converted the TransXchange into GTFS, you can start doing multimodal routing with your favourite routing engine such as OpenTripPlanner:
If you use this tool for research purposes, we encourage you to cite this work:
- Henrikki Tenkanen. (2020, January 27). HTenkanen/transx2gtfs: transx2gtfs v0.3.3.1 (Version v0.3.3.1). Zenodo. http://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.3628737
- Henrikki Tenkanen, University College London
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size transx2gtfs-0.3.5.tar.gz (8.2 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|