tri.struct supplies classes that can be used like dictionaries and as objects with attribute access at the same time
tri.struct supplies classes that can be used like dictionaries and as objects with attribute access at the same time. There are two versions:
- Struct: mutable struct
- FrozenStruct: immutable struct
Some niceties include:
- Predictable repr() so it’s easy to write tests
- merged function call to merge different types of dicts into a new: merged(Struct(a=1), FrozenStruct(b=1), c=1) == Struct(a=1, b=1, c=1))
- Accelerated implementation in c for improved speed. (With python-only fallback reference implementation)
>>> foo = Struct() >>> foo.a = 1 >>> foo['a'] 1 >>> foo['a'] = 2 >>> foo.a 2
You need tox installed then just make test.
- Fixed segfault in repr when running under Python 3
- Added DefaultStruct in the spirit of the standard library defaultdict. Also added a to_default_struct for recursively converting dicts recursively.
- Fix use-after-free when repring a Struct that contains itself more than once.
- Fix make and tox targets for build and release.
- Fix lint issues.
- Bugfix: Fix compilation of the _cstruct module.
- Build changes.
- Improvement: If a Struct subclass implements the __missing__ method, it will not be called before GetAttr on attribute access, but will be called before GetAttr on dict access.
- Bugfix: Clear KeyError in CStruct getattr before trying GetAttr, otherwise the KeyError may “leak out”. Also, only clear the error and attempt GetAttr if the original error was a KeyError.
- Add mixin class Frozen to make read-only versions of a dict-derived class (typically a Struct or a subclass there of.)
- Use the Frozen mixin to implement FrozenStruct
- Add keyword arguments to merged function.
- Redo the C implementation to be a “heaptype”, and remove the hack of setting __dict__ = self. Instead, object will control the type storage, letting us “insert” attributes into the object without polluting the dict.
- slim down interface to again match dict
- add tri.struct.merged function to join structs
- add optional C implementation to speed up instantiation
- Struct with attribute & dict interface
- __add__ and __or__ to combine structs