Port of the Tulip project (asyncio module, PEP 3156) on Python 2
Trollius provides infrastructure for writing single-threaded concurrent code using coroutines, multiplexing I/O access over sockets and other resources, running network clients and servers, and other related primitives. Here is a more detailed list of the package contents:
- a pluggable event loop with various system-specific implementations;
- transport and protocol abstractions (similar to those in Twisted);
- concrete support for TCP, UDP, SSL, subprocess pipes, delayed calls, and others (some may be system-dependent);
- a Future class that mimics the one in the concurrent.futures module, but adapted for use with the event loop;
- coroutines and tasks based on generators (yield), to help write concurrent code in a sequential fashion;
- cancellation support for Futures and coroutines;
- synchronization primitives for use between coroutines in a single thread, mimicking those in the threading module;
- an interface for passing work off to a threadpool, for times when you absolutely, positively have to use a library that makes blocking I/O calls.
- Asyncio documentation
- Trollius documentation
- Trollius project in the Python Cheeseshop (PyPI)
- Trollius project at Bitbucket
- Copyright/license: Open source, Apache 2.0. Enjoy!
See also the Tulip project.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|File Name & Checksum SHA256 Checksum Help||Version||File Type||Upload Date|
|trollius-0.4-cp27-none-win32.whl (106.2 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||2.7||Wheel||Jun 23, 2014|
|trollius-0.4-cp27-none-win_amd64.whl (107.7 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||2.7||Wheel||Jun 23, 2014|
|trollius-0.4-py27-none-any.whl (96.7 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||2.7||Wheel||Jun 23, 2014|
|trollius-0.4.tar.gz (233.9 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||–||Source||Jun 23, 2014|