Port of the Tulip project (asyncio module, PEP 3156) on Python 2
Trollius provides infrastructure for writing single-threaded concurrent code using coroutines, multiplexing I/O access over sockets and other resources, running network clients and servers, and other related primitives. Here is a more detailed list of the package contents:
- a pluggable event loop with various system-specific implementations;
- transport and protocol abstractions (similar to those in Twisted);
- concrete support for TCP, UDP, SSL, subprocess pipes, delayed calls, and others (some may be system-dependent);
- a Future class that mimics the one in the concurrent.futures module, but adapted for use with the event loop;
- coroutines and tasks based on generators (yield), to help write concurrent code in a sequential fashion;
- cancellation support for Futures and coroutines;
- synchronization primitives for use between coroutines in a single thread, mimicking those in the threading module;
- an interface for passing work off to a threadpool, for times when you absolutely, positively have to use a library that makes blocking I/O calls.
- Asyncio documentation
- Trollius documentation
- Trollius project in the Python Cheeseshop (PyPI)
- Trollius project at Bitbucket
- Copyright/license: Open source, Apache 2.0. Enjoy!
See also the Tulip project.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|trollius-1.0.1-cp27-none-win32.whl (114.2 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||2.7|
|trollius-1.0.1-cp27-none-win_amd64.whl (115.7 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||2.7|
|trollius-1.0.1-py27-none-any.whl (104.8 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||2.7|
|trollius-1.0.1.tar.gz (248.2 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|