Tryton module with products
The Product module defines the following models: Category of Unit of Measure, Unit of Measure, Product Template, Product and Product Category.
Category of Unit of Measure
A Category of Unit of Measure is simply defined by a name.
Unit of Measure
A Unit of Measure is defined by:
- UOM category.
- Rate and a Factor (the later is the inverse of the former).
- Rounding Precision and Display Digits, used to round and display quantities expressed in the given UOM.
- Active, allow to disable a UOM.
The Product Category Model is just composed of a name. Product Categories are organised in a tree structure.
Product Template and Product
The product concept in Tryton is composed of two models: Product Template and Product.
The Product Template model contains the following fields:
- Code, a common prefix for all products.
- Type, whose value can be Goods, Assets, Service.
- List Price, the default sale price expressed in the List Price UOM. product.
- List Price UOM.
- Cost Price, the cost for one unit of this product expressed in the Cost Price UOM.
- Cost Price UOM.
- Cost Price Method, which can be Fixed or Average. Defines how the cost price should be updated. Fixed means that the cost price stay unchanged. Average means that the cost price is the average cost of all the items that are in stock. It’s default value can be defined on product configuration.
- Default UOM. The default UOM for this product. Used for example to express stock levels.
- Active, allow to disable a product.
The Product model extends the Product Template with two fields: Code (aka SKU) and Description. If a sequence is set on product configuration the code will be read-only and will be filled in using the sequence. It’s also possible to define a list of identifiers on product. An identifier is composed by a type and a code. The following types are available:
- International Article Number (EAN)
- International Standard Audiovisual Number (ISAN)
- International Standard Book Number (ISBN)
- International Standard Identifier for Libraries (ISIL)
- International Securities Identification Number (ISIN)
- International Standard Music Number (ISMN)
The product module uses the section product to retrieve some parameters:
- price_decimal: defines the number of decimal digits with which the unit prices are stored. The default value is 4.
- uom_conversion_decimal: defines the number of decimal digits with which the conversion rates and factors of UoM are stored. The default value is 12.
They can not be lowered once a database is created.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size trytond_product-5.6.0-py3-none-any.whl (128.7 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size trytond_product-5.6.0.tar.gz (74.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for trytond_product-5.6.0-py3-none-any.whl