A Python wrapper for TheTVDb Database API v2
tvdbsimple is a wrapper, written in Python, for TheTVDB API v2. By calling the functions available in tvdbsimple you can simplify your code and easily access a vast amount of tv series data. To learn more about TheTVDb API, check out the website api page.
- Full API implementation. Supports Search, Series, Episode, Updated, User and Languages methods.
- Updated with the latest JSON API.
- Fully tested with automated tests and travis.ci.
- Supports Python 2.7, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6.
- Easy to access data using Python class attributes.
- Easy to experiment with tvdbsimple functions inside the Python interpreter.
tvdbsimple is available on the Python Package Index (PyPI).
You can install tvdbsimple using one of the following techniques:
- Use pip:
pip install tvdbsimple
- Download the .zip or .tar.gz file from PyPI and install it yourself
- Download the source from Github and install it yourself
If you install it yourself, also install requests.
You will need an API key to TheTVDb to access the API. To obtain a key, follow these steps:
If you find any issue please post in the github issue page with all the information possible to reproduce the issue
- If you would like contribute to the projects, feel free to do: fork, pull-request, issues, etc… They’re higly welcome
- Instead if you would like offer me a coffee or beer: Donate with PayPal
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.