Rename tv show files using online databases
TV Renamr is a utility to rename TV shows based upon filenames or user input.
Install it straight from the PyPI:
pip install tvrenamr
Run it from the command line:
$ tvr file $ tvr folder
You want moar docs? Here you go.
Found an issue? Raise a bug!
- Fix partial regex support
- Fix python 3 support in the tests
- Show IDs are now cached, cutting web requests by 50% for the majority of renames
- Tentative multiple episode file support. Hope to improve this over time
- Fix custom output format so it can use custom regex syntax
- Add python 3 support!
- Fix python 2.6 support
- Return destination filepath from a rename (useful for libs)
- Tidy up so it can be used as a library too
- Remove lxml and thus it’s C building dependencies
- Tidy up the tests
- Clean up the library fallback logic and it’s error handling
- Show unhandled exceptions
- Provide a default filenmae format to fall back to
- Use Requests instead of urllib2
- Thanks to sampsyo for his work on this release
- Add documentation and push to Read the Docs
- Fix another silly typo. Regretting the state of the tests now…
- Fix a silly naming bug that broke everything and brown bagged the last release.
- Allow the use of apostrophes in the show name regular expression
- Allow the use of hypen as a delimiter in the filename regular expression.
- Clean up the interface to the episode object for use in the front end.
- Use the correct variable name when retrieving the show name from an episode object.
- Give more sensible output when the config’s defaults are missing.
- Return the correct error code when exiting from an error.
- 720p episodes can now be renamed.
- Fallback to the other library if the first one can’t find a tv show or episode. This feature also adds better support for new libraries.
- Added a command line option to override the show name when output to the filename.
- Can use foward slashes allowed in show names and episode titles.
- Use lxml as the xml library and add an extra check for empty xml files being returned from the library.
- Use an episode object to hold an episode’s information during the rename process.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size tvrenamr-3.4.2.tar.gz (17.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|