Rename tv show files using online databases
TV Renamr is a utility to rename TV shows based upon filenames or user input.
Install it straight from the PyPI:
pipsi install tvrenamr
Run it from the command line:
$ tvr file $ tvr folder
You want moar docs? Here you go.
Found an issue? Raise a bug!
- Fix debug logging thanks to @ymage
- Add symlink option support to the config thanks to @ata2001
- Fix –[no-]organise & –the arg parsing support thanks to @ata2001
- Symlink bugfix for Windows thanks to @ata2001
- Symlink support fixes for Windows & Python 2 thanks to @ata2001
- Add symlink support thanks to @ata2001
- Fix incorrect usage of config.get left over from previous fixes
- Fix incorrect usage of get_config
- Vendor dependencies
- Harden XML with defusedxml
- Switch to py.test for testing
- Rework frontend code for easier testing
- Remove requirement on config
- Fix bug when logging episode number that had been overridden
- Fix bug with organise directory when no config is present
- Fix 1080[p] and [Hh].264 breaking the season & episode searching regular expression
- Fix ignored file list option default
- Enable passing files and folders as paths to rename
- Append to main log file instead of overwriting it
- Add some sane defaults for rotating the log file
- Handle unicode in episode names
- Fix specifying an episode on the command line
- Improve the code that checks if tvr has everything needed to rename a file
- Handle seasons & episodes as numbers internally
- Fix renaming shows with 720[p] in the filename
- Fix partial regex support
- Fix python 3 support in the tests
- Show IDs are now cached, cutting web requests by 50% for the majority of renames
- Tentative multiple episode file support. Hope to improve this over time
- Fix custom output format so it can use custom regex syntax
- Add python 3 support!
- Fix python 2.6 support
- Return destination filepath from a rename (useful for libs)
- Tidy up so it can be used as a library too
- Remove lxml and thus it’s C building dependencies
- Tidy up the tests
- Clean up the library fallback logic and it’s error handling
- Show unhandled exceptions
- Provide a default filenmae format to fall back to
- Use Requests instead of urllib2
- Thanks to sampsyo for his work on this release
- Add documentation and push to Read the Docs
- Fix another silly typo. Regretting the state of the tests now…
- Fix a silly naming bug that broke everything and brown bagged the last release.
- Allow the use of apostrophes in the show name regular expression
- Allow the use of hypen as a delimiter in the filename regular expression.
- Clean up the interface to the episode object for use in the front end.
- Use the correct variable name when retrieving the show name from an episode object.
- Give more sensible output when the config’s defaults are missing.
- Return the correct error code when exiting from an error.
- 720p episodes can now be renamed.
- Fallback to the other library if the first one can’t find a tv show or episode. This feature also adds better support for new libraries.
- Added a command line option to override the show name when output to the filename.
- Can use foward slashes allowed in show names and episode titles.
- Use lxml as the xml library and add an extra check for empty xml files being returned from the library.
- Use an episode object to hold an episode’s information during the rename process.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size tvrenamr-4.3.1-py3-none-any.whl (386.6 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size tvrenamr-4.3.1.tar.gz (16.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|