**Twerp is the telephone hackers toolkit.**
Twerp is also:
* A command-line interface for the Twilio API
* A tool that will revolutionize crank calling (only legal from California to the French parts of Canada. Note: IANALBISEEOC (I am not a lawyer but I've seen every episode of Cops).
* Buy phone numbers fromt he command-line in the U.S., toll free and wherever Twilio sells them
* Manage Twilio accounts: create new sub-accounts, list, rename accouts
* Make phone calls from the command-line
* Conrtol call flow from the command-line using stateless TwiML transactions (no web app necessary)
* Command-line driven conference calls
* Send and receive SMS text messages
* Read your Twilio logs from the command-line
* Modify the flow of calls or conferences in progress with a curses based comand-line interface
* Do lots of stuff without going to your dashboard on the twilio.com website
* Plugin system based on Python entry_points
* Plugin to launch Bottle web app and localtunnel.com it!
* Plugin for Phox Flask webapp
pip install twerp
Usage: twerp [options]
-h, --help show this help message and exit
--version Show twerp version and exit.
-v, --verbose Show more output stuff.
--debug Show debugging information.
-q, --quiet Show less output.
These options can be used for both SMS and voice calls.
-c CALLERID, --callerid=CALLERID
Phone number you are calling from or texting from.
-i, --interactive Go into interactive command-line mode after dialing
(voice or conferences).
Voice call options:
Place phone calls, execute TWIML.
-d +12135551212,+14155551212, --dial=+12135551212,+14155551212
List of numbers to dial, comma-separated.
-y Say something., --say=Say something.
Use with --dial to say something.
-u URL of TWIML, --url=URL of TWIML
URL of TWIML to pass call with --call
-b +12135551212, --buy=+12135551212
Buy a specific phone number listed with -x or -a
-a AREA CODE, --area-code=AREA CODE
Search for phone number to purchase by area code. Use
-b to purchase from these results.
-x CONTAINS, --contains=CONTAINS
Search for phone number to purchase by numbers or
letters it contains.
Conference (voice) options:
These options can be used for voice conference calls.
-f +12135551212,+14155551212, --conference=+12135551212,+14155551212
Start conference with list of numbers to dial, comma-
-o ROOM, --room=ROOM
Room to join for voice conference.
-e, --conferences Show conferences in-progress.
Show participants for all conferences in-progress.
Send and reveive SMS text messages.
-m <TXT MSG>, --message=<TXT MSG>
Send SMS text message
-s +12135551212,+14155551212, --sms=+12135551212,+14155551212
Send SMS text message to list of numbers.
-l, --list-sms Show incoming SMS messages.
List your Twilio phone numbers and information about each.
Show notifications from Twilio API (error messages and
-r, --numbers Show all my Twilio phone numbers. Use -Nv for detailed
info on each number.
--sid=SID Show log for given SID
Twilio Application information.
--applications Show all my Twilio Applications.
Twilio account and sub-account management
List all Twilio accounts and sub-accounts.
Create sub-account named 'NAME'
Rename account or sub-account using 'NAME'
The prompt will have part of the SID if a call is in progress:
twerp (CA3abc...) >>
If you hang up a call, for example, there will be no SID, so the prompt will look like this:
twerp (...) >>
Interactive Mode Commands
* list - List all calls in progress, ringing or queued
* hangup - Hang up call associated with SID shown in prompt
* nuke - Hang up all calls associated with account. ALL OF THEM!
* forward <nnnnnnnnnn> - Redirect current call to another phone number
* url <URL> - Redirect flow of call to TwiML at a URL
* info [<SID>] - Show info for current SID or SID given
* sid <SID> - Change the current SID associated with interactive-mode
.. Twerp News
*Release date: 4/4/2012
* Added conference cabability
* Added account management, list, rename and create new Twilio sub-accounts
* Added application management: list all Twilio apps
* Added feature to buy new phone numbers, basic searching by area code or phrase
* Renamed a lot of command-line options
* More unit tests
*Release date: 1/17/2012
* Added --interactive command-line feture to control calls in progress
* Changed many keyword options, we're still super++ pre-alpha, so I can do that.
* Added docs at http://twerp.rtfd.org/
*Release date: 1/6/2012
* Added voice dialing
*Release date: 1/5/2012
* Initial release
TODO: Brief introduction on what you do with files - including link to relevant help section.