An API and command-line toolset for Twitter (twitter.com)
Python Twitter Tools
The Minimalist Twitter API for Python is a Python API for Twitter, everyone’s favorite Web 2.0 Facebook-style status updater for people on the go.
Also included is a twitter command-line tool for getting your friends’ tweets and setting your own tweet from the safety and security of your favorite shell and an IRC bot that can announce Twitter updates to an IRC channel.
For more information, after installing the twitter egg:
- import the twitter package and run help() on it
- run twitter -h for command-line tool help
- run twitterbot -h for IRC bot help
- visit http://mike.verdone.ca/twitter for more info
The Command-Line Tool
The command-line tool currently supports the following things:
- view your friends’ recent tweets
- view your recent replies
- view the public timeline
- follow and unfollow (leave) friends
- various output formats for tweet information
- read your username and password from a config file
The bottom line: type twitter, receive tweets.
The IRC Bot
The IRC bot is associated with a twitter account (either your own account or an account you create for the bot). The bot announces all tweets from friends it is following. It can be made to follow or leave friends through IRC /msg commands.
Python Twitter Tools are released under an MIT License.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|twitter-1.3.1-py2.6.egg (39.2 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.6|
|twitter-1.3.1.tar.gz (14.9 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|