Create markov chain ("_ebooks") accounts on Twitter
Create markov chain (“_ebooks”) accounts on Twitter.
The audience for this library is those with at least basic Python experience. Before you set this up, you’ll need:
- A twitter account
- A twitter application (register at dev.twitter.com) with authentication keys for the account (read more)
- A text for the bot to learn from, which can be a text file or a Twitter archive. Several thousand lines are needed to get decent results, with fewer than 100 or so it won’t work at all.
Run pip install twitter_markov, or download/clone the package and run python setup.py install. Feel free to use a virtualenv, if you’re into that.
Setting up a bot
See the docs for a complete guide to setting up an ebooks bot. Here are the basics:
- Create a app and authenticate it with your new Twitter account
- Create a corpus, a text file with one sentence or text per line
- Create a ``bots.yaml` config file <http://pythonhosted.org/twitter_markov/config.html>`__
- Set up a task to tweet and reply
Copyright 2014-2016, Neil Freeman. This software is available under the GPL 3.0. See LICENSE for more information.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|twitter_markov-0.5.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (11.0 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2.py3||Jun 22, 2018|
|twitter_markov-0.5.1.tar.gz (9.4 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Jun 22, 2018|