An offline, customizable, feature-rich, typing app
Typertype is an offline, customizable, feature-rich, typing app. It allows users to practice typing habits and test their typing speed offline with a wide array of customizability.
pip install typertype
Note that if you are using windows, you will have to install the curses library seperately using the following
pip install windows-curses
Import typertype by using
You can start typing by creating a python(.py) script or by simply opening up a python shell
>> import typertype >> tt = typertype.Typertype() >> tt.run()
That's it! You can run the commands and start typing even without internet, and your settings will be automatically saved each time. No additional steps are required to run the program.
Typertype currently have the following modes: Word, Time, and Quotes
Typertype is able to...
- save your typing preference by storing them in JSON format locally
- modify words by randomly swapping, adding, or removing letters in words to help you adapt to different typing scenarios.
- allow users to correct their words in different ways such as
- stopping the cursor if a letter is typed wrong
- moving on and skipping the letters typed wrong but allowing backspacing to fix the wrong letters
- skipping the letters typed wrong but doesn't allow backspacing
- analyze typing data and give statistics
- and much much more!
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for typertype-1.1.4-py3-none-any.whl