Unicode To CP932 Transcoder
UCP9 - Unicode To CP932 Transcoder
A small python package which helps transcode cp932-incompatible kanji characters to their cp932-compatible equivalents
This module provides a transcoding service:
- FROM: An arbitrary unicode character.
- TO: A cp932-compatible, semantically similar but differently encoded version of the same character.
import ucp9 ucp9.convert(string, option)
[string]: a string that contains cp932-incompatible characters
[option]: Option to handle cp932-inconvertible characters.
- "keep": keep the cp932-inconvertible characters. NOTE: the return string WON'T be cp932-compatible.
- "remove": remove the cp932-inconvertible characters.
- "replace": (Default behaviour) replace the cp932-inconvertible characters with "?"
Currently supported unicode character blocks:
- [x] Kangxi Radicals
- [x] Print Standard Character
- [x] Old type
- [x] CJK Radicals Supplement
- [x] Katakana Phonetic Extensions
- [x] CJK Unified Ideographs
- [x] CJK Compatibility Ideographs
- [x] CJK Compatibility Ideographs Supplements
- cp932-incompatible: characters which cannot encode to cp932 using string.encode(), but could potentially have equivalent cp932-encodable versions of themselves.
- cp932-inconvertible: characters which cannot encode to cp932, and doesn't have a cp932-encodable version.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size ucp9-1.0.1-py3-none-any.whl (13.6 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size ucp9-1.0.1.tar.gz (13.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|