Manage Unix-like systems.
This module aims to manage Unix-likes operating systems. It manage both local or remote host in the same way. Commands can be executed interactively or not, and the result is a list of three elements:
- the status of the command (boolean based on return code)
- the standard output (stdout)
- the error output (stderr)
For executed commands on localhost, the module used is subprocess and for remotes hosts, the module used is paramiko.
Code is available on Github (http://github.com/fmenabe/python-unix)
- Manage localhost (subprocess) and remote hosts (SSH; paramiko) uniformly.
- Use controls for managing some behaviour (decoding outputs, locale, …).
- Implements basic commands for manipulating files and directories (open, copy, mkdir, …).
- Organize commands in objects accessible via properties:
- path API (exists, isfile, …)
- remote API for copying file using from one host to another
- users and groups API
- Manage Linux hosts:
- autodetecting the distribution
- manage arch, debian, ubuntu, redhat, centos, …
- Initial version.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size unix-1.0.tar.gz (17.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|