Wrapper for the Flemish Basketball League's API.
The Python module ‘vblapi’ provides a small API wrapper for the Flemish Basketball League’s (VBL) data service. Only a portion of the API’s functionality is covered as only team-specific information should be requested.
- Given the GUID of any team, you can request:
- the current season’s ranking of the team (incl. rankings of other teams)
- the current season’s matches
Retrieving Team GUID
The GUID can be determined by using the actual service at the following link: http://www.vlaamsebasketballiga.be/competitie/resultaten-en-kalender
Find your team(s) of interest, and extract the GUID of those teams by inspecting the embedded frame within the page (urls, AJAX requests, etc.)
- The GUID looks like ‘BVBLXXXXCCC++T’, where:
- XXXX is the numeric club identifier
- CCC is the age category (ex. HSE)
- T is a numeric value that identifies different teams at the same club in the same age category (A->1,B->2,C->3,…)
- Ex. BVBL1004HSE++2 is the code given to the following team:
- 1004 = Port of Antwerp Giants
- HSE = Heren, Senioren (Male, Seniors)
- 2 = ‘B-Team’
This module comes with a simple test tool to check its output.
$ python -m vblapi <GUID>
Running Unit Tests
To run the available unit tests, execute the following command from the project’s root directory:
$ python -m unittest
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size vblapi-1.1.0-py3-none-any.whl (6.5 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size vblapi-1.1.0.tar.gz (4.6 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|