Tools to assist value-driven design & decisions
Tools for Value-Driven Design
Tools intended to help with modelling decisions in a value centric design process. The intent is to keep this as generic as possible, as some of this decision modelling is suited to generic decision-making, non-design activities with a little massaging.
- Concept Design Analysis (CODA) method implementation
- Requirements weighting with a Binary Weighting Matrix
- Programmatic or Spreadsheet based model creation (via Excel workbooks or Google Sheets).
pip install vdd
Currently just stored in the repo.
- Model sets for comparative work (rather than a single set of characteristic parameter values)
- Improved visualisation
- Export CODA models to Excel template
- House of Quality style requirement/characteristic weighting
- Pandas everywhere (v1.x)
Based on my own degree notes and open access literature:
- M.H. Eres et al, 2014. Mapping Customer Needs to Engineering Characteristics: An Aerospace Perspective for Conceptual Design - Journal of Engineering Design pp. 1-24 http://eprints.soton.ac.uk/id/eprint/361442
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size vdd-0.3.2-py3-none-any.whl (49.3 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size vdd-0.3.2.tar.gz (28.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|