Vector3D is a small package for processing 3D vector in decartian system and some vector-related function, such as distance between two points, angle between vectors, ETC
Vector3D is a lightweight package, written on python, for working with vectors and points in 3D decartian system.
You can install vector3d from pip:
python3 -m pip install vector3d or by downloading a .whl file from one of releases and installing it using this command:python -m pip install filename.whl
or you should download a source .tar.gz archive from one of releases, unpack it and install with following command:
python3 setup.py buildpython3 setup.py install
Implements the Vector class and vector related functions.
A vector class. Can be created as:
- Vector(x, y, z=0)
- Vector(x, y=0, z=0)
- or simply Vector() which is equivalent to Vector(0, 0, 0)
Functions in vector3d.vector
- from_point(a, b) - creates a vector from pair of points, begining and ending of vector.
- angle(a, b) - calculates angle between vectors a and b.
- horizontal_angle(a, b) - calculates angle between vectors a and b, but without Z coordinate (projections of a and b to XY plane).
- vertical_angle(a, b) - calculates angle between vectors a and b, but without X coordinate (projections of a and b to YZ plane)
Implements a Point class and point related functions.
A class for the point in 3D decartian system. This class have only three attributes and: x, y and z coordinate of the point, and has no methods yet. A Point can be created with following constructors:
- Point(x, y, z)
- Point(x, y, z=0)
- Point(x, y=0, z=0)
- Or even Point() which is equivalent to Point(0, 0, 0)
Functions in vector3d.point
- distance(a, b) - calculates distance between two points
- center(a, b) _ calculates coordinates of the center between two points (returns a Point object)
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size vector3d-1.1.1-py3-none-any.whl (4.0 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size vector3d-1.1.1.tar.gz (2.7 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|